Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Mary Poppins on Broadway

On Saturday afternoon we went to Mary Poppins on Broadway. AMAZING. I can't say enough. My sister, who hates stage shows, couldn't say enough about this one. It really was magical. I thought Olivia was going to explode at the end when Mary Poppins flies out over the audience and she flew directly over her head. We were on the third row and if she had been a tiny bit taller, she could have touched her. Of course, Teresa (40) and Olivia (4) couldn't stop talking about how they saw her underwear...classy.
When we walked out of Mary Poppins, we were faced with one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen. Huge, giant snowflakes in Times Square. Sad thing is, there wasn't a cab to be had and we were about 15 blocks from our hotel. Sadder thing still is that, did you notice in the other pictures I was bundled up in sweaters? What you couldn't see was the sweat that was dripping off of me. Seriously, 71 degrees when we landed in NYC. So, that morning the most brilliant person ever to be born was going to beat the system and wear a tank and short sleeved cardigan, along with--wait for it--boyfriend jeans rolled up and adorable little ballet flats from Target. Super cute shoes, not really cut out for the elements. I literally poured water out of them when we got to the room...right before they met Mr. Trash Can. I knew it was bad when, about 5 blocks from the hotel, people were saying things about how pitiful I was, instead of the 4 year old popsicle with us! I will spare myself, my mom and my sister the humiliation of posting our "wet" pics, but by looking at Olivia, you get the idea...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mary-Kate said...

I loved Mary Poppins too!!!

The Roper's said...

OK her outfits are ADORABLE!! What a fun girls trip!!!