Thursday, May 27, 2010

Happy Birthday Olivia Kate

Dear Olivia,

Five years ago I was handed the tiniest baby I had ever held. One of the only babies I had ever held, to be honest. I knew my life had been forever changed. But, I had no idea what those changes would be or how you would change pretty much everything that I thought I knew.

I was the baby of my family...a true baby, in every sense of the word. Most people probably thought I was too selfish to be a good mother. Less than 24 hours after you were born, my first test came. Tired and a little sore from delivery, the doctor came in and said you were going to the NICU at ETCH. We walked out of the hospital and headed straight to you. Just a little hiccup along the way, but that was only the beginning.
See...she was born with a hairbow in her hair!!

You have changed so many lives for the better. You were the thing your daddy and I never knew was missing from our lives. So many sweet giggles, silly faces and precious moments over these five years.


You were the first girl to be born into a family of boys in many, many years. You gave them the little girl they had never had...and all the sweetness that comes along with that.

You were the first child to be born into a family in many years. You brought back the magic that is childhood into all of our lives. You made holidays and every days fun again. Every day is an adventure in your eyes.

You are the most wonderful big sister in the world, the job you take most serious in life. My heart is so happy to see the friendship the two of you share and grow every single day. Ana Blair loves you SO much.
You have opened the eyes of your daddy to all things pink, rainbow-y and sparkly...and he loves it!
You make me want to be a better person. If only I could be half the person you see when you look at me. You show me the sweetest love in the world. And you have made me realize a love so deep that I never could have dreamed it up.
Sweet Olivia Kate, you are growing so quickly. I want to push pause every day when I am with you. I know there will come a day when I'm not your best friend. So, I have to enjoy every single second that I can now. You are an amazing little girl. You are on your way to becoming an amazing young lady, and I literally could not be more proud to call you my daughter.

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl







No comments: