Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Big Girl

Today was a tough day for me. It was Olivia's orientation day at preschool, which actually meant I dropped her off for the entire day. Everyone should be proud of me though, I held my pregnant emotions in check until she was out of sight. As I sat and stared at her baby pictures this morning, I just could not believe that my little girl is big enough to be in preschool. And I know most of you who know me are wondering where on earth her smocked dress is! Sadly enough, it didn't get here on time. But as if that wasn't bad enough, when I called Orient Expressed to check on the status of the order I found out that it shipped yesterday! So, that was pretty much a slap in my face! But she was happy because she got to wear her sparkly flower shoes and she told me that one of the girls in her class told her that she loved her shoes and wanted to take them home with her! Olivia was completely beside herself with joy this morning, complete with a 7am wake-up call and a constant chatter that didn't stop until we walked in this morning. When Michael and I took her into class she immediately found a seat, sat down and put her nametag on as if she's been doing this forever! I guess I was lingering because her teacher came and told me she thought she was fine. And she was. It was all I could do to coerce a bye-bye hug for Mommy and Daddy. Modeling her backpack for me this morning
Olivia and Mommy
Olivia and Daddy
She was pretty tired when I picked her up this afternoon
Not too tired for a trip to Maggie Moo's though!

No comments: