Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Halloween Time!!

For those of you who know me well, you know that I am a holiday nut. Nuts, nuts, nuts. And believe it or not, my big giant husband is a closet holiday nut. The years before we had Olivia, he and I would diligently get the decorations out for each and every holiday and sit and enjoy them by ourselves. You really wouldn't believe it if I elaborated on all the family functions I planned for us last holiday season. Halloween and Christmas are my favorite and any kind of festival, hayride, train ride within two hours from home is going to get a visit from the Claunch family. So when it comes to decorating our home, I get a little over zealous. Michael has to be the timeline stickler or I would start putting Halloween out on July 5th! However, with the birth of Ana Blair approaching, I convinced him to go up into the attic and bring the decorations down a little bit early this year. I just couldn't fathom going to the hospital and not having time to decorate once we got home!

As I was pulling everything out, all of my dreams came true! Okay, maybe not all of them, but for a Halloween fanatic like myself, it meant a lot! Olivia came to me and said, "I'm so happy! I'm so happy! Its Pumpkin Time, Its Halloween Time!" And for the first time I realized that all of my hard work had a purpose! I am creating a little Halloween monster of my own! But the cutest part came last night once we had everything set out. Michael and I went in to tuck Olivia in before we went to bed and she had to get up to go potty. And her daddy, being the big teddy bear that he is asked her if she wanted to go all around the house and see the Halloween lights at night. As I followed them from room to room, I thought about how special that would be as a child and how lucky I am to have the both of them. And I'm so happy that its Pumpkin Time and they enjoy it as much as me!

If I feel really productive, I may post a couple of pics later.

1 comment:

The Roper's said...

So glad to hear that... you are in good company...I love Halloween too!